Automatic frespawn suggestion [OOC]

Meyrick

Retired Admin
IG Name
Michael Meyrick
IG Faction
Elite Trucking
Hi, as the suggestions are currently closed for the server, I thought I'd post this here just to see what you think of the idea.. and when they open, we can suggest it.

You may have seen this, many times I have. Early in the mornings especially, you see random faction vehicles jotted around the server, with no one in them. SASP, FD, Elite Trucking and other factions. This is because when no high command are on, people just.. Don't park them where they're suppose to be.

I recommend automatic faction frespawns, at a given time (example on the hour) all faction vehicles will respawn. Obviously, a global warning would be posted. For example;

10:50 - Global faction respawn in 10 minutes.
10:55 - Global faction respawn in 5 minutes
10:59 - Global faction respawn in 1 minute
10:59:50 - Global faction respawn in 10 seconds.

This would stop vehicles from being respawned if being used, I believe this would prevent the servers roads being clogged up with faction vehicles and will also be able to help the faction members when no high command are on.

Your thoughts?

The Peanut

Bronze Member
IG Name
Herbert Boe
I don't know about automated frespawns, but it wont respawn any used-trucks and so forth anyway so why not.

Either that or give lower ranks such as Foreman the ability to frespawn, its not like a guy who has worked hard for such a position would throw it all away to abuse the command, right? I don't know.

Automated is harmless enough, I guess. :oldtimer:

Meyrick

Retired Admin
IG Name
Michael Meyrick
IG Faction
Elite Trucking
The Peanut said:
I don't know about automated frespawns, but it wont respawn any used-trucks and so forth anyway so why not.

Either that or give lower ranks such as Foreman the ability to frespawn, its not like a guy who has worked hard for such a position would throw it all away to abuse the command, right? I don't know.

Automated is harmless enough, I guess. :oldtimer:
The way I see Foreman, is more like a trial manager. So I highly doubt we would be given the ability to frespawn, because if we had that, we would have all the commands.. And if those commands were abused, the whole faction could be fired :shock:

But I do think if we had automatic respawns, along with other factions.. It would benefit.

The way respawns work is, if someone is in the drivers seat, the car won't be respawned. So therefore, you just have to pause roleplay for 10 seconds to jump in a vehicle.

Christopher

Retired Admin
IG Name
Christopher Paul
imo, just leave it as it is. The command /lastdriver is there for a reason if a vehicle is left abandoned and action should be taken from there accordingly, then that person will not do it again. Also, admin+ can frespawn faction vehicles so you can also make an assistance if there is no command online. Honestly if you can't put the vehicle back where you got it you don't deserve to be in a faction like this, a faction that relies on shared usage of at least half of the vehicles at HQ. (I may have not went into enough detail so if there are any questions just reply, I has the answers. :) )

IG Name
Romero Legend
IG Faction
Exo Corporation™
I agree with Christopher. ALL factions that use faction vehicles should have members who are responsible enough to take the vehicles back where they got them from or ask a hc or admin to re-spawn the vehicle when they're done. Just use /lastdriver since returning the vehicles is a faction rule.

Beth

Donator
NO. I'd forget and get out or something then bam truck gone.

IG Name
ya boi robinson
IG Faction
sacso !
Think this isn't the best of ideas, ET is active enough now and we really don't need automatic frespawns.. If you're desperate just ask an admin, plus it'd ruin RP if you have to go get in your vehicle so it doesn't fuck off back to your HQ.

Oldi

Platinum Member
Wezza Radcliffe said:
Think this isn't the best of ideas, ET is active enough now and we really don't need automatic frespawns.. If you're desperate just ask an admin, plus it'd ruin RP if you have to go get in your vehicle so it doesn't fuck off back to your HQ.
what he said

Onion.

Gold Member
Basic all points I wanted to say have already been said! No point having it I think

Meyrick

Retired Admin
IG Name
Michael Meyrick
IG Faction
Elite Trucking
Thanks for all your opinions :)