What's new

Alot of lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lander

Donator
Hey, so for the past weeks I been experiencing alot of lags and extremely long lag spikes that basically caused me to get desynced endless of times.
I have turned off steam and everything that I don't use that might take a chunk of the internet but it still lagged to me.
I'm from Israel if that has something to do with the problem.

Jukebox

Banned
Oggy Boggy said:
Hey, so for the past weeks I been experiencing alot of lags and extremely long lag spikes that basically caused me to get desynced endless of times.
I have turned off steam and everything that I don't use that might take a chunk of the internet but it still lagged to me.
I'm from Israel if that has something to do with the problem.
First thing you should do is try to get on other servers and see if you have high ping there, if your problem is only in RCRP it might be something to do with the host putting pressure on your IP.
I'm from Israel as you know and everything works fine for me so I don't think that it's relevant, if you have lags in other servers it could be your ISP.

Mac

Donator
For starters, it'd be good to know what your internet speed is. You can find that out using speedtest.net

With what jukebox said, try going on other servers based around the US, etc-. See what your ping is, and come back to RC-RP.

When you play RC-RP, are there other people in your house using the internet? (phone, tv, computer, printer, etc) That might throttle your connection?

If anything, the man himself fr0st can come chime in and see if his wizardry knows much more than I.

Lander

Donator
Solved my problem.
There was one software that took internet, I turned it off and it's good now.

Matty

Donator
Israel is quite a distance away from RCRP's server, and Israel also doesn't have the best internet according to statistics on Google, it belongs to one of the weaker connections, so is might be a part in the issue.

Jukebox

Banned
Matty said:
Israel is quite a distance away from RCRP's server, and Israel also doesn't have the best internet according to statistics on Google, it belongs to one of the weaker connections, so is might be a part in the issue.
That's not true, Israel has the same ping as Germany. What website did you check? I'd like to have it cause according to wiki Israel did pretty good in 2015:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ion_speeds

Here is my internet speed:
955b6c831ae881d6ff29e91aa4df57b3.png

Jukebox

Banned
Matty said:
Check the upload speed mate.
Not so different from my friend's from America Serbia and Germany. Israel have good connection. The only country that really struggle with connection is Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.