What's new

Denied /afk Possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beauhobbs

Just an idea, but what if players have to /afk [words] and it has to be of a certain length of words.... ie 10 letters

This will stop the /afk to avoid death...... Possibly.....

Forcing /afk times IE /afk [reason] [time] This will be the time that you have to be afk for. If you try to /back before times up you won't be able to....

To stop people complaining about "I Can't do /back" if they get back earlier than expected.... have it so....

If player time (is less than or equal to) the string [time chosen to be afk] then - display message You have not been afk for [display string:- Time chosen to be afk] else - [it will do the /back command]

For people who don't understand the above:- If the player has not gone over their chosen afk time it will display "You have not been AFK for your chosen time"

BUT if they have been afk for longer than their time it won't Automatic /back them but it will allow them to /back

Thus if they are truly afk they wont auto-/back so they can't get DM'd but if they are trying to /afk glitch they cant because of the timer

Crusty

Platinum Member
Nice...I /support so that the fucking bug abusers who avoid death or drive owned cars will get PWNED

beauhobbs

Another possible fix.

Ok, we have the Car bug now... How to fix I wonder? People may bind /afk need to run grab sumit - 1 (the - will need to be a separator in the script because if I did /afk brb dinner it would display "dinner" is not a valid time...)
and could wait in a car while AFK to /back glitch....

Here is the fix...
When a player types /afk It... remembers there positions x, y ,z then..... teleports them into a interior with other /afk people (the AFK zone)
when they type /back it teleports them to the x, y , z of the place they did /afk

Crabpuss

The AFK system has already been reworked and fixed to avoid people abusing the freeze to avoid death. It will be released with 1.0

The global AFK messages will be removed (favoring a message overlay above the player's head instead) and there will be a 30 second delay on the freeze for AFK (giving ample time to finish whatever it was you were doing before they decided to attempt and abuse the AFK system).

They will not be able to "AFK bug" into vehicles anymore either as there is a new auto-eject for people attempting to drive an owned vehicle.

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
Crabpuss said:
They will not be able to "AFK bug" into vehicles anymore either as there is a new auto-eject for people attempting to drive an owned vehicle.
How will /hotwire work then?

Status
Not open for further replies.