• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Advanced Role-Playing for Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralf

Donator
0.1 Introduction
0.2 Basic Information
0.3 What are IC and OOC
0.4 Roleplay Guide

0.1 Introduction

Welcome! Here, you'll be learning about how to role-play, right here in RC:RP. In the beginning, role-playing can be a bit though. In time though, you'll learn how easy it truly can be. This guide will go into a few in depth reasons on why you should role-play, as well as how fun it can truly be, once you learn the proper techniques, that is.

0.2 Basic Information

The most important command for role-playing is most definitely /me. This command will tell anyone who's close to you, exactly what you're doing at the time. For example, if you're attempting to rob a vehicle or car-jack a player, you'll need to use the /me's command. Without them, you may be punished severely for a non-RP car-jacking, and the player's vehicle will be returned.

During any type of gunfight, however, you may find it hard to use any sort of /me, as the opposite side could very well open fire as you type. A helpful tool to use is a keybinder, which can be used to, (as you could have guessed), bind your keys to type in certain commands. For example, if I press the number one on my numpad, it will automatically input and send the following command: /me reaches for his hip holster, unbuckling it, reaching for the weapon inside.

This lets me respond quickly to any sort of gunfight. You can find quite a few keybinding guides here in the forum, so I'd check a few of those out for more tips.
Also, in almost every case, you'll have to use some form of the "/me" command. If you fail to "/me" something, you could end up with a hefty punishment.

0.3 What are IC and OOC

IC is the basic abbreviation for 'In Character Chat', meaning the role-playing chat. This is strictly for role-play speaking from one character to another, and is not used for any type of OOC terms or abbreviations. The command to activate the IC chat is to simply speak normally! You'll not even need to type in a command. Remember though, if you use an OOC term in any form of IC chat, it will be considered 'Metagaming' and can be punished severely. (Read more about this further down.)

Occasionally, you'll want to talk to your friends without having to role-play. To do so, simply use the /b command. This will input chat to any players within your vicinity, and will automatically put brackets (), around the text. Brackets symbolize OOC chatter, and you may gladly use any form of OOC abbreviations and talk about anything pertaining to the outside world.

0.4 Roleplay Guide

Roleplaying is taking on the role of a character you created. Roleplaying consists of what your character, and others may do. So, you've arrived into town and you need a place to live. Emil has just arrived into town, but doesnt go for a cab, instead he'd rather make the walk. He finds a cheap, dirty, and small motel. Due to his nonchalant nature, he decides it's perfect for a night.

The next morning, Emil gets up and begins to look for a job. Emil had always been a daredevil, and is therefore looking for nearly any type of job. He's offered a job fishing Bass by an English man by the name of Norman Trottah. Speaking with an English accent, Norman is a pompous jerk. Emil, however, needs the money and will do anything for it. They agree to work together. He spends the day fishing with Norman, talking about his history. Emil, being only twenty-two, had not seen much of the world. He had moved to Red County for new opportunities.

After the day was done, Emil had decided to go for a drink down at the Pub with Norman. There, he met Tracy Gold, a beautiful young woman. She had a very intimidating look, and stared at him from behind the bar.

This is the day in the life of an average role-player, as well as someone who would find quite a fun day in RC:RP.

Questions, comments, or concerns? Leave me a PM or reply to this thread. Thanks!

There are no newbie roleplayers here except the ones who have cheated on the quiz, therefore this guide is kind of pointless.
Anyway, cheers for the time spent on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.