What's new

[ADMIN] General IC - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth

Donator

May I ask, without drama, how this will be moderated? As I'm sure this probably stems from recent governmental campaigns, I'm just a little confused as to how it'll be decided whether or not our characters would make such comments? Using governmental campaigns as an example, SO MANY people shit-talk candidates on Twitter etc, I see it all the time about UK politicians and USA candidates alike. So I'm just genuinely curious as to how this'll be fairly moderated without people being unfairly punished? Obviously in most cases it's common sense but I do think that opinion-based things such as politics will be difficult.

Just trying to avoid punishment really so I hope this isn't taken the wrong way or as if I'm complaining, it is a genuine query.

Winged

Retired Admin
Valid question.
It doesn't stem from governmental campaigns and it definitely isn't targeting specifically those who post comments against IC politicians. It is simply a recurring issue where people post comments without anything backing them up IC. As in, they simply don't even have a character in-game which would have posted the comment or things similar.

If you have a character that'd be able to realistically post whatever comment he/she is posting and there's reasonable justification behind it, there won't be any problem.
Any of your characters can go online and shit talk a politician, provided they are aware of their existence and have at least some IC reason to do so. What that reason is, is of course up to the character.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
You failed to answer her direct question. Also, there is no way in hell this is going to be moderated fairly. It's going to be a case by case basis or a situation where whenever the administrator wants to issue a punishment. I will bet some good money that in a month time no administrator will be checking peoples IC thread posts and cross referencing in-game characters.

Winged

Retired Admin
You failed to answer her direct question. Also, there is no way in hell this is going to be moderated fairly. It's going to be a case by case basis or a situation where whenever the administrator wants to issue a punishment. I will bet some good money that in a month time no administrator will be checking peoples IC thread posts and cross referencing in-game characters.
It will be moderated as per common sense and basic RP concepts.
'Do you have a character that would have posted this, and who is it?' If yes, good.

This isn't a new rule, nor is it something that was just implemented, it was always related to the IC section.

You need to have characters to post what they're posting.
Administrators won't be going and judging themselves 'Yes, this character would have posted this' or 'No, they wouldn't have' and it's not what this is introducing. That would be pretty much impossible as was mentioned with topics as subjective as politics, for example

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
It will be moderated as per common sense and basic RP concepts.
'Do you have a character that would have posted this, and who is it?' If yes, good.

This isn't a new rule, nor is it something that was just implemented, it was always related to the IC section.

You need to have characters to post what they're posting.
Administrators won't be going and judging themselves 'Yes, this character would have posted this' or 'No, they wouldn't have' and it's not what this is introducing. That would be pretty much impossible as was mentioned with topics as subjective as politics, for example
Thanks for clearing it up. I guess I misunderstood and thought admins were going to specifically sit through IC topics and verify posters IG characters or something.

Beth

Donator
That's fine, thank you for your response. I was just concerned that we'd be scrutinised for opinions on our characters that we may not be able to justify. It's often hard to verify that your intentions aren't OOC fuelled I suppose and admins may see things differently to the poster.

Can be closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.