What's new

A Potential Change In Master Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Owner
Hello there everyone. A while ago I had the idea of changing the character per Master Account limit from 4 to 2. As I approached many different people with the idea I received mixed opinions about this change, so I'm making this post in order to see what the general public thinks about it rather than my closed group of friends and admins.

The reason I wish to make this change is rather simple. At the moment, the average amount of characters per MA seems to be four. Whenever I check someone's Master Account, they usually have all 4 of their character slots filled up. My question is, are people actually active on those accounts? Do they consistently roleplay in each of their factions on a daily basis? Ehh, maybe? I run across people who are in factions on all four of their characters, yet some factions they are in don't seem to be very active for the most part.

After thinking about this for a while, I've come to believe that if people were limited to two accounts, there's a good chance that they would be more dedicated to those characters rather than spreading out their roleplay and activity on four different characters. If someone has four characters in four different factions, there's a good chance that they cycle between those characters on a regular basis, looking for something going on in their factions. If they don't find any RP on their first character, they go onto other characters until they do find something worth RPing. What happens if they find any roleplay, though? Well, chances are they'll log off. That's where the account limit comes into play. I have a hunch that if players were limited to two characters, they would only join factions that they're really passionate about and actually want to dedicate their time to, because their choice is actually important. Right now you could simply join a faction because you can and then join another faction with a different character, then repeat. People would have to chose between factions to dedicate their time to instead of spreading their activity among a large sum of factions, thus increasing faction activity. People would be forced to roleplay more on a single character, developing their character more and making different connections rather than having four different characters related to only a small group of people.

This change would also open up more houses to different users. I don't know about everyone else, but all four of my characters have houses and businesses on them that I don't exactly use as much as I should. If the account limit was to change, I'm sure a lot of businesses and houses would open up to people rather than sitting on people's alt accounts gathering dust.

The only issue I've thought of so far is what would be done with people's accounts and assets. I'm having a hard time deciding what would be done with people's assets if this change was put into effect. Hypothetically speaking, if this change was put into effect, what do you all think would be the best and most way to dispose of people's accounts? I'm really interested to see what you all think of this idea so please respond and give your reasons to supporting or not supporting this idea. Thanks!

Davis

Administrator
This could be very useful and it'd make it easier to maintain activity on certain accounts, also; To dispose of characters it should send a message like "You have exceeded the maximum amount of accounts (2). You must delete two of your accounts. If you wish to transfer assets from the accounts that you are deleting, please contact an administrator in game via /assistance."

Bear

Retired Admin
If people aren't active on alt faction accounts then I think the faction should kick them out. I would rather keep my 4 characters (as I use 3/4 of them, one I'm still thinking of) then use two.

Maxx

Platinum Member
Bear said:
If people aren't active on alt faction accounts then I think the faction should kick them out.

This, if someone wants to keep his activity up in a certain faction he'll do it wether he has four accounts or only two. Faction leaders can always fire those who are not active so this change is pointless.

Oxley

Donator
No. In my opinion we should have MORE characters to a master account, It wouldn't help activity on peoples characters but thats nothing to do with other characters they have, that's their choice to log onto an account or if they don't.

Hypo

Donator
Oh...Dont Tommy....I'm in four factions and I'm active in them all...I'm sure there are people which are in four or three factions like me and they dont want to lose their factions and their accounts!

DirtyTruth

Donator
I have spoken about this with many people, and it would really help to maintain activity, reduce a possibility of MG between the accounts and such. It would help out factions very well too. /support

Robin

Retired Admin
Maxx said:
Bear said:
If people aren't active on alt faction accounts then I think the faction should kick them out.

This, if someone wants to keep his activity up in a certain faction he'll do it wether he has four accounts or only two. Faction leaders can always fire those who are not active so this change is pointless.
Most of what I was going to say has been summed up above. Some people are active enough to balance between all 3/4 factions, some aren't. The ones who aren't capable of doing so will most likely be fired by the leaders of the faction, as it's their responsibility. I wouldn't want to give up on half the factions I'm in right now. If I can't be active enough, I'll either be fired or resign - I wouldn't like to be forced to quit.

iFalcon

Gold Member
I am not sure that this is a good idea, because you are limiting people to join factions and try them
Let's see this scenario over here

If a character is in FD and is a Rank 5, active and another character in Axiom, a rank 3, active

But he wants to try Ancelotti Family and also DoC. I'd assume they won't just give up FD and Axiom just to "try" Ancelotti and DoC.
Well that's atleast my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.