Not open for further replies.

Alec

Retired Admin
IG Name
Alec_Rae
IG Faction
Civilian
Dynamic Faction Guide

A new system with version 1.3 is the dynamic factions. This means that instead of having all factions coded into the script, they will all be saved into an SQL database. This allows for easier modifying of things like: rank names, spawn points and faction names.

If you are a faction leader (rank 7 only) you should read this so you know how to use the new commands.

/setrankname [rank 1-7] [name]
Example: /setrankname [7] [Commisioner] - this will set rank 7 in your faction to the rank of Commisioner.
This is done without script editing or GMX so it saves me some work.
Changes are made instantly and will save for ever.

/setspawnpoint [point 1-3] [description]
Example: /setspawnpoint [2] [Fort Carson Police HQ] - this will create a new spawn point for your faction (point 2).
Every faction can have up to 3 spawn points which can be changed with '/changespawn 2'.
Again they will save instantly and members will spawn there upon login if that is where they are set to.
This takes your current position (X,Y,Z), facing angle, interior ID and virtual world and creates the spawn exactly where you are standing and which way you are facing. You may also make a spawn point inside an interior.
Default spawns for all factions have been made by me so you do not ned to re-save them if just want to keep the current ones.
Spawn 1 is your factions default spawn point and is used when someone joins your faction.
You cannot create a spawn in slot 3 if you dont have a spawn in slot 2.
You cannot create a spawn inside a house.
You cannot create a spawn inside a business.

/removespawnpoint [point 2 or 3]
Example: /removespawnpoint [2] - deletes the spawn point number 2.
Use this to remove a point from '/changespawn 2'.
When one is removed, all members using that spawn will be reset to spawn point 1.
You cannot delete spawn point 1.

/setinternettext [line 1-10] [text]
Examples:
/setinternettext [1] [Welcome to the Cabbie Co website!]
/setinternettext [10] [Thanks for visiting the Cabbie Co website!]
You must write your own websites and everyone can view them using /internet inside a Town Hall or Library.
Gangs do not have websites!
List of faction websites: (not IRL you numnut)
www.aperture.gov
www.rural.police.gov
www.sa-ems.gov
www.cabbieco.com
www.sannews.net
www.epsilon.com
www.rural.fireandrescue.gov
www.elitetrucking.com

Things that can be done on request to me:
Change Faction Name (Full name of a Faction, exaple: San Andreas Medical Service)
Change Faction Short Name (Short name of a Faction, exaple: SAMS)
Add/Remove a Faction Skin

Any questions or comments? Post here!

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar
i haz a question.
so, for a example, SAST can have 3 spawn-points and members can choose at which spawn-point they want to spawn?

Alec

Retired Admin
IG Name
Alec_Rae
IG Faction
Civilian
Xavi said:
i haz a question.
so, for a example, SAST can have 3 spawn-points and members can choose at which spawn-point they want to spawn?
Yes, just like the current /changespawn list.

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar
Alec said:
Xavi said:
i haz a question.
Yes, just like the current /changespawn list.
wow, that's awesome.

IG Faction
Civilian
Wat about faction vehuculees? Will they be like /buycarfromlocaldealer and then /setasfactionvehicle and den /parkfactionvehicuul

IG Faction
Civilian
Aleksei said:
Wat about faction vehuculees? Will they be like /buycarfromlocaldealer and then /setasfactionvehicle and den /parkfactionvehicuul
We already have /fsave

Status
Not open for further replies.