Status
Not open for further replies.

Itami

Bronze Member
IG Name
Itami Shikura
IG Faction
Unnamed
Here's a list of 10 things to remember about good RP.

1. Always remember good capitalization and punctuation. If you capitalize your letters, and use proper punctuation, your RP will look a lot better.
  2. Good grammar, and Spelling are a must. If you are foreign to the English language, try your best. Good grammar and spelling are key points to fine RP.
  3. Know your definitions of metagaming, powergaming, mixing, and DMing. If you know those, and don't follow them, you'll be safe.
  4. Remember to RP drive. We enforce good RP driving. Don't go off-roading in a car that's not meant for off-roading. Drive in the right lane, as well.
  5. RP small things. Give the details. like when your signing your check. RP it. /me takes a pen and signs his check. ... /washhands and you're done!
  6. Remember to /do your S/F and avoid forcing your actions onto someone. /attempt is also helpful for many situations.
  7. Anything you could do IRL (Example: Running while cuffed) Can be done RPLY here. as long as you RP it well.
  8. Bunnyhopping (Jumping to increase speed) is a big no-no. It's non-RP and just unwanted.
  9. RPing fear is a must. If a group of men had guns aimed at you IRL, You'd probably be scared shitless. RP that as well. Don't be a nub.
  10. RPing car crashes is also a must. Just driving away is non-RP. IRL, if you're in a car crash, you'd be hurt, or something like that. Right?

Here's some examples of bad RP.
Say - Firstname_Lastname says [None accent]: how I buy a car
Say - Firstname_Lastname says [None accent]: where i get paycheck?
/me - Firstname_Lastname kicks the man, knocking him out, ((Without /do S/F?))
/attempt - Firstname_Lastname has attempted to XYZ and succeeded. ((Auto S? Uhh...No.))

Here's some examples of good RP.
/b - [OOC] Firstname_Lastname says: How or Where to I buy a car?
/b - [OOC] Firstname_Lastname says: Where do I go for my paycheck?
/n - Newbie Firstname_Lastname: How or Where to I buy a car?
/n - Newbie Firstname_Lastname: Where do I go for my paycheck?
/me - Firstname_Lastname kicks the man, knocking him out. ((With /do S/F?))
/attempt - Firstname_Lastname has attempted to XYZ and succeeded. ((With /do S/F?))

Here's some examples of bad RP driving.
Not bothering with the speed limit.
Going off-roading in a car not meant for off-roading.
Not stopping at stoplights, or at least not slowing down and looking at intersections.

Here's some examples of good RP driving.
paying attention to, and following the speed limit.
RPing off-roading in a car not MEANT for off-roading.
Stopping at stoplights, or at least slowing down and looking at intersections.

Here's some examples of bad RP weaponry.
Opening fire without RPing.
Scrolling through your guns without RPing.
Pulling a gun from your ass, and RPly opening fire, or non-RPly.
Drivershooting.
Non-RPly aiming out a passenger seat window and opening fire.

Here's some examples of good RP weaponry.
Opening fire RPly. /me Aims his weapon.... /me opens fire.
RPly pulling out a gun. /me withdraws a weapon. turning the safety off. ((The means of the getting of your gun are up to you.))
RPly aiming out a passenger seat window and RPly aiming/opening fire. /me opens the window. ... /me leans out the window.

Give me your feedback. Tell me what you think, add some specifics to RP, and help keep RCRP a fun and player-friendly server!

Kabo

Donator
IG Name
Xavi/ Miklo/ BillyJo
IG Faction
HTLO/ ED/ CHC
its really good guide and very important :D

Reid

Donator
Found an Typo!

b - [OOC] Firstname_Lastname says: How or Where to I buy a car?
b - [OOC] Firstname_Lastname says: How or Where do I buy a car?

-Reid

IG Name
Tony Mendez
IG Faction
La Onda
The nub ones really should read this and start RPing..I hate when i`m geting crash and i have to RP alone...God job!

Status
Not open for further replies.