What's new

Lagging when reaching certain areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Well it's basically in the title, but i'll explain fully:

I'm driving in game and it's at 50 - 60 FPS and when i reach Monty or Palomino, it begins to lag badly when i cross the bridge or hill. It's perfectly fine when i'm anywhere else but those areas.

I've seen that it could be my Graphics card but not completely sure.

Switch.

Silver Member
Playing with /setvisibleobjects may fix it. I'm pretty sure it is caused due to large amount of objects loading at a same time.

Jordy

I've set the visible objects to 350 (Minimum) and still lags when i cross the areas.

horizon

Administrator
Happened to me a while ago, believe I fixed it by updating my graphics card drivers, then fidgeted with its settings to make the game run better. If that doesn't do it, try getting SAMPaddon.

Jordy

I still get bits of lag when i enter those areas, so if anyone has any ideals/knows how to fix it..please say.

Viper

Retired Admin
The towns have a bunch of server sided objects that can drag down older / lower end hardware. Make sure your drivers are completely up to date. Also, make sure you don't have a ton of programs running in the background while playing. That can also cause a hit to your FPS when your usage gets up.

Other than that, does this topic need to stay open any longer? @Jordy

FatNugget

Bronze Member
@Jordy it happens with almost everyone, no matter how good their PC is. It's due to the large amount of mapping. Install SAMP Addon to boost up your FPS (it works, trust me).

Status
Not open for further replies.